Panama City DUI Attorney
Trust Shouppe Law After You’ve Been Pulled Over
DUI, or driving under the influence, is a complex charge with many nuances. For example, you can be pulled over for driving when you’ve taken certain prescription or over the counter medications, when you are merely suspected of being under the influence, or even if you’ve been boating under the influence. In addition, charges are enhanced with each subsequent offense, each with a unique set of possible penalties.
No matter what you are facing, let a Panama City criminal defense lawyer from Shouppe Law defend you and protect your rights. Call me at (850) 583-9088 today.
POSSIBLE DUI PENALTIES
In Florida, the punishment for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) can be severe. The punishment can depend on many factors, some of which are:
- The number of previous DUI conviction, whether in Florida or outside of Florida.
- Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC).
- If a minor was in the vehicle.
Take the time now to contact Shouppe Law to protect your rights. You need someone to look over your case to make sure that your Constitutional rights were not violated, and that law enforcement did everything that they are required to do if you submitted to a breath test. Do not think just because you submitted to a breath test that you must enter a plea to Driving Under the Influence. Let Shouppe Law review your case and see if there are any defenses to the charge you have been accused of. Driving Under the Influence (DUI) carries maximum penalties greater than any other misdemeanors. Therefore, you should contact Shouppe Law today to help you through this. Some of the penalties for the serious offense of DUI are below:
- 1st OFFENSE: You can face up to 180 days in jail, fines between $500 and $1,000, license suspension, monthly reporting probation up to 12 months, substance abuse awareness classes, public service work, and vehicle immobilization.
- 2nd OFFENSE: You can face up to 270 days in jail, fines from $1,000 to $2,000, license suspension, monthly reporting probation up to 12 months, ignition interlock for at least one year, substance abuse awareness classes, public service work, and vehicle immobilization.
- 3rd OFFENSE (Possible felony DUI): You can face up to 365 days in jail, fines from $2,000 - $5,000, ignition interlock of not less than 2 years, substance abuse awareness classes, public service work, and vehicle immobilization.
- 4TH OFFENSE: Up to 5 years imprisonment, fines not less than $2,000, and permanent license suspension.
There may be additional penalties if your Blood Alcohol Concentration is greater than .15 or if a minor is in the vehicle, or if a conviction is within a certain time frame of a previous conviction. In addition to the above penalties, the court may also order restitution to alleged victims, court costs, ignition interlock device on all vehicles, and other assessments. Your insurance prices may also greatly increase.
Protect Yourself. Call Me Today!
At Shouppe Law, I am dedicated to protecting all of my clients to help ensure that their rights are not stepped on and their voice is always heard. I will take the time to investigate the charge, making sure the Breathalyzer was properly calibrated and administered, and ensuring that the officer had probable cause to pull you over.
Call me, a Panama City criminal defense attorney, at (850) 583-9088. I offer free initial consultations to help you get started.